CURRENT OPENINGS - Rail Road Maintenance Worker
This position is responsible for a variety of manual labor tasks in support of rail road maintenance and repair operations. Loads and unloads equipment, materials and supplies. Performs related duties as required.
This is an entry level position. With this job you will have the opportunity to learn new things and challenge yourself every day. You will have an opportunity for training and career growth.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Work extended hours to meet business demands.
- High attention to detail.
- Good work attendance.
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the physical duties of the work in all types of weather conditions
- Perform routine manual labor tasks including heavy lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
- Display good communication skills including the ability to understand and follow verbal and written direction and instructions
- Learn a variety of work skills associated with mining maintenance and repair operations
- Safely and efficiently use a variety of hand and power tools
- Drive a pickup truck or other light vehicle in a safe and courteous manner
- Read, understand and follow safety rules and regulations and county policies and procedures
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.