CURRENT OPENINGS - Dragline Operator - Brookings, SD
L.G. Everist, Inc., founded in 1876 produces and supplies sand, gravel and quarried stone throughout the Midwest region of the United States. If you are a professional truck driver, join our team!
L G Everist INC has a Dragline Operator positions available for motivated, reliable, and dependable team members. You'll maintain and operate dragline to produce rock and sand.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- Good work attendance and a job history
- A positive attitude
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary responsibility is the safe and efficient operation of a dragline.
- Responsible for the maximum retrieval of raw aggregates during his/her scheduled shift, to supply the processing plant with the necessary input material.
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with company policies and promoting a safe work environment.
- Operate a dragline in a safe and effective manner to meet production requirements.
- Maintain a clean work area, compliant with company best practices.
- Keep equipment in good working order, including regular greasing and preventative.
- Report to the Plant Manager and follow directions as given.
- The utilization of additional equipment may be required for the completion of some assigned tasks and task specific training will be administered as needed.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all employees.
- Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Full-time Monday thru Saturday
- Health Insurance (80% paid by company)
- Dental & Vision Insurance (100% paid by company)
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.