CURRENT OPENINGS - Locomotive Mechanic/Railcar Maintenance - Dell Rapids, SD
Locomotive Mechanic/Railcar Maintenance
Locomotive mechanics, also known as train or railroad mechanics, are responsible for maintaining the diesel engines in these trains as well as other equipment vital to their operation.
- Operating heavy equipment, such as hydraulic lifts and mechanical drills
- Ensuring compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety
- Inspecting components for compliance with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Diagnosing malfunctions in train equipment
- Replacing locomotive and diesel engine components
- Servicing locomotives, including changing fuel and oils
- Maintaining records of maintenance and repairs performed on equipment
- Using gas or electrical welding equipment to join metals and alloys
- High School Diploma/GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License
- One year mechanical work experience or training
- One year experience reading and interpreting technical drawings or schematics
- Fully vaccinated for Covid by start date or have received an approved medical or religious accommodation.
- Two years diesel mechanic experience
- Completion of a mechanical vocational or trade school program
- Heavy work, lifting up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Health Insurance (80% paid by company)
- Dental & Vision Insurance (100% paid by company)
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.