CURRENT OPENINGS - Transload Laborers - Henderson, CO
L.G. Everist, Inc., founded in 1876 produces and supplies sand, gravel and quarried stone throughout the Midwest region of the United States. If you would like to start a career in the railroad industry, join our team!
The person in this position loads and unloads railcars with bulk materials, uses moving equipment, records operating data, observes the position of railcars when moving in relation to the surroundings, checks the conditions of railcars, and troubleshoots and repairs equipment.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
· One to two years of work experience operating equipment such as forklifts, conveyors, pumps, and heavy machinery
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Load and unload chemicals and bulk solids such as stone, sand, and grain into or from railcars and trucks using moving equipment
2. Observe position of cars passing loading spouts and swing spouts and correct as necessary
3. Operate loading and unloading equipment, conveyors, hoists, and other specialized material-handling equipment
4. Monitor product movement to and from railcars and trucks to ensure constant product flow
5. Perform required equipment inspections on each shift; complete vehicle maintenance forms
6. Comply with all general safety and operating rules
7. Assist railroad crews with various rail-related tasks to facilitate loading and staging of railcars
8. Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
Monday to Friday with some extended hours
· Health Insurance (80% paid by company)
· Dental & Vision Insurance (100% paid by company)
· 401k with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.