CURRENT OPENINGS - Quality Control Tech
Employee performs various duties of sampling and testing of aggregates and asphalt materials.
Responsibilities include proper collection of materials to be tested, proper and accurate analysis of the materials, and accurate reporting and documentation of results. Driving of a company vehicle will be required.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High attention to detail.
- Good work attendance.
- Prior QC experience preferred
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 pounds
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain density gauges for asphalt and soils compaction.
- Have a working knowledge of state DOT and governing agency job specifications.
- Ability to perform project test procedures relative to individual levels of certification in testing construction materials.
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to established protocol, having the
ability to test construction material samples and recording test results in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain daily record of test results, prepare daily reports and submit results to project lead
technician or main lab supervisor.
- Perform asphalt coring operations for density and investigation as necessary.
- Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab environment.
- Properly follow all company policies and MSHA & OSHA regulations for safe working procedures
and environmental best practices.
L. G. Everist, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or any status protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.